I made this a month ago and it was delicious! Gunna try another version this weekend!
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup Sugar (if you want it sweeter use 2 C sugar, I only use 1 and it’s sweet enough for me, I’m not a hummingbird LOL)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- bring water and sugar to a boil, stir until sugar is dissolved and water is clear
- remove from heat and add vanilla extract immediately, this will burn off the alcohol in the vanilla extract since it is hot, but still keep the vanilla flavor (some recipes have you add this with water & sugar, but you lose too much flavor that way)
- let cool, and then put in a storage container: I use 1/8 Cup of syrup for a normal coffee cup size of latte, add or decrease to your own taste, you can also double this recipe to make more on hand. I refrigerate it.
And here is another (with some variations) take on it.