I am not sure I know anyone who doesn’t LOVE goldfish! These addictive lil guys are yummy! NOW – you can make them yourselves!
Homemade Goldfish Crackers
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces (if using salted, omit the 3/4 tsp salt)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I used medium)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder
This recipe is awesome. First, it’s a cheap way to have one of my favorite snacks. Second, it’s a chance to sing that jingle over and over again. Also you get to make crafts YAYYY. Click here to learn how to make your own tiny fish-shaped cookie cutter. (if you don’t click, have fun carving out each fish individually.)
In a food processor, pulse together the flour, salt, pepper, and baking powder.
Add the butter and cheese, and pulse until the mixture is mealy and coarse.
Pulse in 3-4 tbsp of water, one tbsp at a time, until the dough forms a ball that rides the blade. You may want to scrape the container halfway through before you use all 4 tbsp. Otherwise you can add more flour if it’s not doughy.
Roll into a dough ball and chill for 20 minutes.
Roll out the dough to about 1/8” thickness. I messed up and made them 1/4”. They were fat little mothers, but good.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Dust the dough with flour, and even dust your little cookie cutter up too. Stamp out as many fishies as you can, then you get to make the smiley faces. Using a toothpick, poke an eye into the fish, then press the side of the toothpick into the fish and drag upward to make the mouth…..all the while singing over and over “the snack that smiles back, goldfish!” with unrelenting enthusiasm. When your mom asks you why they have to have smiles you say “because it’s the snack that smiles back, not dumb fuckin fish crackers with no face.”
Hard to argue with that, right?
Chill the little guys for about 10-15 minutes to ensure that they hold their shape, then sprinkle and bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Smile at each fish before you eat it, please.
- Insiders Scope: Home Office Moving, Storage and Organization - Moving Insider on 50 Fabulous Pinterest Ideas for Your Home Office
- Gus Lafarge on How to Preserve Avocados for up to a year!
- fruit on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing
- healthy foods on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing
- fresh foods on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing