Interesting, I use a lot of Google’s products (Gmail, GCal, GRead, GVoice, GDocs. Chrome, etc. etc.) and this new report and analysis from Google sounds interesting! Details form Lifehacker:
Google’s freshly released Account Activity Dashboard creates a monthly report that lays out how you’re using Google, from your Gmail activity to your account sign-in locations.
Obviously the most interesting stat for most of us will be the Gmail analysis, though Googler Andreas Tuerk offers a broader view:
[M]y most recent Account Activity report told me that I sent 5 percent more email than the previous month and received 3 percent more. An Italian hotel was my top Gmail contact for the month. I conducted 12 percent more Google searches than in the previous month, and my top queries reflected the vacation I was planning: [rome] and [hotel].
Lastly, it’s a potential gem for running a monthly security audit.
For example, if you notice sign-ins from countries where you haven’t been or devices you’ve never owned, you can change your password immediately and sign up for the extra level of security provided by 2-step verification.
You can sign up for the new Account Activity Dashboard here. It probably won’t blow your mind off the bat, but it could be a handy—or at least interesting—tool to keep in mind.
Giving you more insight into your Google account activity | Official Google Blog
- Insiders Scope: Home Office Moving, Storage and Organization - Moving Insider on 50 Fabulous Pinterest Ideas for Your Home Office
- Gus Lafarge on How to Preserve Avocados for up to a year!
- fruit on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing
- healthy foods on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing
- fresh foods on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing