Love the idea of cheap and fast and easy cleaning! Here are some floor cleaning tips from Lifehacker:
Before you spend all day mopping your wood or laminate floors with straight soap and water only to track back over them before they’re dry, add a little glass cleaner—or vinegar, if you prefer—to your mop water or solution before you get started. The fast-drying glass cleaner will promote faster drying and leave your floors ready to walk on sooner than if you had used soapy water alone.
This tip comes to us from Redditor maruluna, although it’s a pretty old idea for those of us who have spent any length of time trying to keep a high-traffic floor clean. Vinegar is another good option, mostly because it too evaporates quickly and its cleaning power is well documented. Still, whatever you do, make sure you don’t drown your wood or laminate floors with solution when you clean them—too much liquid and you’ll do more harm than good. Have you tried this before, or have a different method to get the floors clean without everyone walking on them before they’re dry? Let us know in the comments.
- Insiders Scope: Home Office Moving, Storage and Organization - Moving Insider on 50 Fabulous Pinterest Ideas for Your Home Office
- Gus Lafarge on How to Preserve Avocados for up to a year!
- fruit on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing
- healthy foods on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing
- fresh foods on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing