Father’s Day is almost upon us (happy one to you if you are lucky enough to be a Dad!). I think I am pretty tech savvy – how do you compare to this from Mashable:
Statistics show they’re catching on too. In fact, in some ways dads may even be more social media savvy than their female parenting counterparts, according to family life survey conducted last year. Fathers, the study found, had 26 more online friends than mothers on average, and were 7% more likely to be friends with their child on a social network. Dads also spent significantly more time interacting with their kids online, according to the study.
Dads are using technology and social media to connect with one another, too. A number of popular “daddy blogs” have popped up online, and social media-themed conferences for dads have generated impressive engagement.
The Internet education portal OnlineSchools.com pulled together research from a number of sources to produce the infographic below. Check it out to see a fuller picture of just how connected dads are today.
Who’s more tech savvy — your mom or your dad? Let us know in the comments.
- Insiders Scope: Home Office Moving, Storage and Organization - Moving Insider on 50 Fabulous Pinterest Ideas for Your Home Office
- Gus Lafarge on How to Preserve Avocados for up to a year!
- fruit on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing
- healthy foods on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing
- fresh foods on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing