Amazing. Take a look at how far digital storage has come! I remember using punch cards (and rolls) in the old days!
Love the detail at the bottom of the infographic:
- 4.4MB of storage cost $3,200 per month in 1956
- thumb drivers were almost $50 for 8MB in 2000
- the comparisons of IBM 350′s and iPod shuffles!
The whirring hard drives that once occupied entire university labs held but a fraction of the data we carry in our pockets every day — and that’s only 50 years of progress.
Today, as we move further into the cloud, and witness the latest and greatest pocket media devices, we thought it fitting to take a look back at how far we’ve come on our quest to store as much information in as little space as possible.
- Insiders Scope: Home Office Moving, Storage and Organization - Moving Insider on 50 Fabulous Pinterest Ideas for Your Home Office
- Gus Lafarge on How to Preserve Avocados for up to a year!
- fruit on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing
- healthy foods on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing
- fresh foods on 5 Tips to Perfect Food and Wine Pairing