Random Acts of Kindness
I have been a huge fan, believer AND practitioner of kindness for years (most of my life maybe?)! I have also been a follower the Random Acts of Kindness organization – they do great work! Here are some simple, easy and kid friendly ideas on
10 ways you can change the world with kindness
THESE KIDS ARE CHANGING THE WORLD WITH KINDNESS. HERE ARE 10 WAYS YOU CAN TOO.
Could first graders get any cuter? Enter: The Kind Kids Club. They melt hearts, sing songs and change their school community with kindness, all before bedtime. Here are 10 ways you, like the Kind Kids Club, can change your own community right now:
1. Spend 15 minutes picking up litter.
2. Leave positive notes around your neighborhood, school or workplace.
3. If you drive a car, let someone go in front of you.
4. Meet a great cashier at the grocery store? Receive excellent customer service? Write a letter to the manager of the company to give praise to that employee and share your positive experience.
5. Smile at the first five people you see.
6. Spend one hour doing something you love. Remember, you’re a part of the community too.
7. Find a new place in town to volunteer. Instead of meeting a friend for coffee or lunch, take them with you for a philanthropic friend date.
8. Surprise a neighbor with a care package.
9. Beautify your community. Clean graffiti, plant flowers, leave nice notes on the bus—wherever you are, leave it better than you found it.
10. Play an “I spy kindness” game with your kids. Try to spot as many moments of kindness in the community as you can!
A great video:
And a handy downloadable poster: