Quora is one of my absolute favorite sites. I ‘surf’ there often. This is an interesting question and I enjoyed most of the answers that were posted:
What can I start doing now that will help me a lot in about five years?
Here is the list that will completely transform you into a better person in 5 years time:
- Eat healthy. Try to reduce /eliminate junk food.
- Exercise 15 minutes a day.
- Join public speaking group – toastmaster. Watch and learn how great speakers talk eg. Steve Jobs, any top politician, cult leader
- Learn how to code and join open source community. Replace this with any skill of your choice, preferably something that has high demand eg. Electronic circuit design, graphic design
- Learn how to sell, go out there and sell something, anything. Get used to rejections and you will be unstoppable.
- Talk to 1 stranger everyday. Stranger = opportunity. Opportunity to make new friend, to get new ideas, to get rid of that fear talking to stranger, to start a business venture and much more. Heck yeah, that stranger might be your future soulmate
- Write 20 ideas on anything everyday. Keep digging and you might find gold. When you find gold, make sure you take action
- Meditate everyday
- Read positive materials every morning. Stop reading newspaper in the morning.
- Write 5 reasons why you are grateful everyday before you sleep.
Cool infographic on the
Chances of Success
Find your level and try to improve it. There are many levels of human determination. We are trying to put all the different levels & also their co-relation with the rate of success. These percentages are however taken from different resources over internet and may vary from situation. But as a overall level, we can agree that motivation and persuasion are the main factors that lead to achieving your goals.
This is a good one from Louis L’Amour:
“There will come a time when you believe everything is finished; that will be the beginning.”
Thanks Melea for this great find! I like this quote from Tony Evans:
Insisting on living in your past will kill your future. It’s a new year. Move on!